Feb 19, 2022
· Some commentary and pointers on how I wrote my first F# program, a Twitter bot running on Azure Functions.
Sep 20, 2020
· Why I believe small simplifications of code can have a larger impact than you might think, through reducing cognitive load.
Sep 17, 2020
· You have a CLR (.Net) process dump and need to investigate a memory leak or a hang. What now?
Jul 25, 2020
· A few years ago I joined Microsoft and started to work with .Net on Windows, coming from years of only using Linux. Here are some tips I learned along the way.
Sep 9, 2015
· The grep replacement ack is an invaluable part of my toolbox. I'll explain why and show some examples and some tipps.
Jul 23, 2013
· I took the recent online machine learning class with Coursera. It was a good experience and I learned a lot. Here are some notes and observations.
Jul 12, 2013
· The last Zurich WebTuesday was fun. Six speakers presented six languages in seven minutes each. I did Go.
Jun 5, 2013
· A great resource for job hunting techies, concise and full of valuable advice.
May 23, 2013
· We had two great zhgeeks meetups recently: Sean Cribbs spoke about Riak and eventual consistency, and Jim Webber presented Neo4j. Sean's talk was also an intro to distributed systems with a list of foundational papers that I list in this post.
May 9, 2013
· Tony Hoare's "Communicating sequential processes" is not only a very influential Computer Science paper, but it was also a main inspiration for Go. It is full of examples written in a pseudo-code designed for the paper. I translated all these examples to Go, with unit tests.
Apr 15, 2013
· An amazing little book about a deep but not widely recognized problem in software development: "How folklore turns into fact and what to do about it". Strongly recommended.
Feb 11, 2013
· I ported dwmstatus to Go, a utility to set the title of the X root window, which dwm uses to set the content of the status bar.